Tuesday 14 March 2017

Shoot One

In my first shoot, I set out with the objective to get to grips with a DLSR camera, which is a tool which I was previously not well acquainted with. My focal point was light and reflections within photography, which was a theme that I have explored from the outset of my project looking at photographers such as Ron Bigelow and Azzam Merchant. I went to a graveyard, looking at different textures in both natural and man made objects, and the way that these all impacted light and reflection.
With this image, I looked at the metal of the staircase, and the way that the dull surface changed light and reflection.
























With this example, I looked at the way natural light filters through foliage and zoomed in close with the standard lens on the camera.





















































If I was to do this shoot again, I would set out a clearer shoot objective and take more planned shots rather than shooting spontaneously, as I found that I took many photographs that didn't really relate to the subject that I was pursuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment